Fix Smart Error Wp At Lba TutorialHome > Smart Error > Smart Error Wp At Lba
Smart Error Wp At Lba
Drive failure expected in less than 24 hours. Short self-test routine recommended polling time: ( 2) minutes. SCT Data Table supported. Extended self-test routine recommended polling time: ( 106) minutes. have a peek here
Uncle Fester's Basic FreeNAS 9.10 Configuration Guide FreeNAS 9.10.1-U2 SuperMicro SuperStorage Server 6047R-E1R36L (Motherboard: X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD, Chassis: SuperChassis 847E16-R1K28LPB) 2 x Xeon E5-2670, 128 GB RAM, Chelsio T420E-CR Pool: 6 x 6 She's up to dinner and 2 beers now. :)Thanks for your help. Offline surface scan supported. Then check again with smartctl -a /dev/your-device If it says Completed without errors you are fine. https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/29v9fu/help_interpreting_smart_data/
Short self-test routine recommended polling time: ( 2) minutes. SMART capabilities: (0x0003) Saves SMART data before entering power-saving mode. It's been my experience that when a drive fails, it fails.
- Offline data collection capabilities: (0x7b) SMART execute Offline immediate.
- Just an update: I've been out and didn't do anything since I posted here and in the meantime my pending sectors decreased from 136 back to 48.
- But yes, you should also run a SMART long tests from time to time.
- SMART support is: Enabled === START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION === SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED SMART Attributes Data Structure revision number: 16 Vendor Specific SMART Attributes with Thresholds:
- Don't use it anymore.
- jump to contentmy subredditsannouncementsArtAskRedditaskscienceawwblogbookscreepydataisbeautifulDIYDocumentariesEarthPornexplainlikeimfivefoodfunnyFuturologygadgetsgamingGetMotivatedgifshistoryIAmAInternetIsBeautifulJokesLifeProTipslistentothismildlyinterestingmoviesMusicnewsnosleepnottheonionOldSchoolCoolpersonalfinancephilosophyphotoshopbattlespicsscienceShowerthoughtsspacesportstelevisiontifutodayilearnedTwoXChromosomesUpliftingNewsvideosworldnewsWritingPromptsedit subscriptionsfront-all-random|AskReddit-funny-pics-todayilearned-gifs-videos-gaming-worldnews-aww-news-movies-Showerthoughts-Jokes-television-IAmA-mildlyinteresting-tifu-announcements-space-nottheonion-TwoXChromosomes-OldSchoolCool-sports-Music-EarthPorn-explainlikeimfive-photoshopbattles-science-food-Futurology-Art-LifeProTips-DIY-creepy-personalfinance-gadgets-WritingPrompts-Documentaries-nosleep-history-dataisbeautiful-UpliftingNews-books-GetMotivated-askscience-InternetIsBeautiful-philosophy-listentothis-blogmore »techsupportcommentsWant to join? Log in or sign up in seconds.|Englishlimit my search to /r/techsupportuse the following search parameters to narrow your results:subreddit:subredditfind submissions in "subreddit"author:usernamefind submissions by "username"site:example.comfind
- You cannot replace a 2.5" with a 1.8"You can get adapters and caddies...
- This sensor is only in use when the drive is powered on (including sleep/standby mode).
- Error 749 occurred at disk power-on lifetime: 6972 hours (290 days + 12 hours) When the command that caused the error occurred, the device was active or idle.
I've just "mv"ed a 49GB directory to a bad file path, is it possible to restore the original state of the files? The log is a limited size, so it's hard to determine what all the errors are, but given the above SMART attributes I can assure you it's a combination of what's Computer Hope Forum Main pageFree helpTipsDictionaryForumLinksContact Welcome, Guest. They can only be re-analysed by issuing a write to them.Now for the SMART error log:I can see that there's been a total number of 5063 error events in the log.
WD20EARS: controller error Forum Uncorrectable data error Forum Hard drive error - Messed/Lost data reference Forum Data error cyclic redundancy check toshiba external hard drive in windows 7 Forum Blue error After command completion occurred, registers were: ER ST SC SN CL CH DH -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 40 41 20 40 67 3f 00 Error: UNC at LBA Short self-test routine recommended polling time: ( 2) minutes. Error logging capability: (0x01) Error logging supported.
More about : uncorrectable error data error hard drive error log failing Best solution SuperSoph_WD a c 1783 G Storage 20 May 2015 07:39:21 Hey there, THpubs! Alone, they don't suggest any hardware issues with the drive. General SMART Values: Offline data collection status: (0x84) Offline data collection activity was suspended by an interrupting command from host. Copy off all of your data (do not do a disk-to-disk copy or a "disk image" copy that copies all sectors/data -- instead just copy off your individual files that are
Auto Offline Data Collection: Disabled. i thought about this Browse other questions tagged linux smart drive-failure or ask your own question. Follow the manual! iMac just got some real competition... [Apple] by HiVolt347.
I have seen a scrub (which will force a read of all the sectors) cause the pending sectors to remap successfully and bring the pending count back to 0 before in navigate here Computer_CommandoHacker Thanked: 489 Certifications: List Computer: Specs Experience: Expert OS: Other Re: SMART indicating Hard Drive failure « Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 09:59:40 AM » Quote from: sarcasticphoenix on No Conveyance Self-test supported. Spinrite - and yeah, I've used that way back in the past, but even still, modern hard drives tend to continue to fail once they start.
Do I need to change my drive? After command completion occurred, registers were: ER ST SC SN CL CH DH -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 40 51 00 1b fb 6b 00 Error: WP at LBA Self-test execution status: ( 0) The previous self-test routine completed without error or no self-test has ever been run. Check This Out SCT Status Version: 3 SCT Version (vendor specific): 256 (0x0100) SCT Support Level: 1 Device State: SMART Off-line Data Collection executing in background (4) Current Temperature: 31 Celsius Power Cycle Min/Max
Tests which fail right off the bat for internal reasons, fail at LBA 0, as well as tests which are run *while* another test is running (this interrupts the current test Select Articles, Forum, or Blog. Extended self-test routine recommended polling time: ( 118) minutes.
Location: GA, USA Why aren't you running regular SMART tests on your drives?
Since we know that all bad sectors are remapped to a pool of unused sectors, and the size of this pool is substantial, the only way a bad sector will show Self-test execution status: ( 73) The previous self-test completed having a test element that failed and the test element that failed is not known. How is being able to break into any Linux machine through grub2 secure? There were a total of 4701 events of this type.Now for the other attributes which are also of concern, and can act as indicators of what lead to the above situation:SMART
After command completion occurred, registers were: ER ST SC SN CL CH DH -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 40 41 2a 70 25 b3 60 Error: WP at LBA After command completion occurred, registers were: ER ST SC SN CL CH DH -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 40 51 00 2c 7f e4 40 Error: UNC at LBA After command completion occurred, registers were: ER ST SC SN CL CH DH -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 40 41 20 40 67 3f 00 Error: UNC at LBA this contact form Conveyance self-test routine recommended polling time: ( 5) minutes.
After command completion occurred, registers were: ER ST SC SN CL CH DH -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 40 51 00 44 cb 53 40 Error: UNC at LBA Data at those sectors was lost. share|improve this answer answered Apr 19 '12 at 9:22 David Schwartz 25.2k13360 add a comment| Your Answer draft saved draft discarded Sign up or log in Sign up using Google With a disk that's only two months old, though, these numbers are troublesome, to say the least.
There were a total of 1484 bad sectors.SMART attribute 187 indicates the total number of times the drive has tried to read a sector and either failed, or, the number of Thanks for the info! I wouldn't use it for anything critical. sarcasticphoenixTopic StarterRookie Computer: Specs Experience: Familiar OS: Windows 7 Re: SMART indicating Hard Drive failure « Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 01:42:55 PM » Yes, I know I cannot use
After command completion occurred, registers were: ER -- ST COUNT LBA_48 LH LM LL DV DC -- -- -- == -- == == == -- -- -- -- -- 40 -- Should I be worried? Offline surface scan supported. Error 2534 occurred at disk power-on lifetime: 15344 hours (639 days + 8 hours) When the command that caused the error occurred, the device was active or idle. [code] After
Rules Posts consisting only of a title/link will be deleted. How come Ferengi starships work? Offline data collection capabilities: (0x5b) SMART execute Offline immediate. I think I would be complaining to them if any of the figures are significantly short.